Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sitting on the dock at the Bay...

What a wonderful weekend we had! It was full of such great memories with friends that are really more another extension of our family! The guys headed down to Lusby on Friday night and I met up with Jenn, Donna, and Brooke and we went down Saturday morning! We timed it perfectly because just as we pulled up to the house the guys were heading back from the dock. They hadn't caught anything that morning because the wind was blowing too hard on the water.So after a little lunch we headed over to the beach so the kids could fly kites whihc ended that "Nana and Pop Pop" flew the kites instead while the kids got in the FREEZING water!
Boys on the beach
Kisses for mommy!
Fun in the water!
This made me the happiest girl ever!

 Do once we spent some time on the beach we headed on back to the house. The girls went to the grocery store and we came back to have an amazing dinner and a crab feast! We had such a fun evening. On Sunday morning the guys went fishing and I received a call from Brian around 6:45 AM saying they had 2 fish in the boat! He forgot to mention the one he caught was HUGE! They came back to the dock with 4 fish in the boat.
Even little Justin pulled in his own big boy!

45 inches and about 40 pounds! YUM!

He could hardly hold it this way!

We had a blast this weekend and I can not wait to be able to go back for some fun in the sun this Summer!
I hope everyone had a great weekend too! Brian and I are looking forward to celebrating our 1st anniversary this Saturday! We are going to Dutch's Daughter (a well known restaurant in Frederick) since I have been dying to go there and we have never been! We are planning to relax and enjoy some time at home and I have the cake topper thawing in the refrigerator! It held up really well and still has some of the flowers on it. I still can not believe we have already been married a year. It seems like just a couple months ago we got married. I am so lucky to have him in my life and we really have enjoyed this year of marriage. I look forward to all the amazing things this life has waiting for us.

I am bummed I won't be in Charlotte this weekend though to celebrate Mothers Day with my amazing Mom and my wonderful Sister. I have learned so much from both of them and I thank them both so much for helping me become the woman and wife I am today. My mom is the textbook perfect mom. She is there when you need her no matter what and you know she is going to get you through what ever it may be. She pushes herself everyday to do more and loves each one of us so much it amazes me. My sister is also an amazing mom who balances being a single mom with such grace. She is a strong and independent woman who inspires me to keep wanting more with my life. She is brilliant and beautiful and such an amazing mother to Emma!
 I love you both so very much and I hope that you know how loved you are this weekend! Also Happy Birthday to Katie!!!

I will post an update next week! Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Yes, we had a great time with EVERYONE. I wish the weather would have been better but that is just something that is out of our control.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete