Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why not?

This has been a whirl wind of a weekend! Chris and Carly came in late Wednesday night. We went to Charles Town Race Track on Thursday night for their awesome buffet and to gamble a little! It was fun showing Carly everything they have there and we played the slots a little and bet on a horse race. Friday we went to the rehearsal dinner for Leslie and Bobbys wedding. Saturday we went to an auction in the morning and spent the rest of the day at the wedding. It was a very beautiful wedding and we were so happy to be able ot enjoy that day with them. Sunday Chris and Carly went to her parents house so Brian and I came back home.

This weekend really got me thinking though. We are so lucky to have Chris with us. A couple years ago when he had his accident we weren't sure if we would enjoy any more days with him. Then a guy I graduated with died this weekend at Bonnaroo(a concert in TN) of heat stroke. It really made me think. Also my "3rd grandmother" who has been a HUGE part of my life is not doing well at all. I have been praying for her to go peacefully. She isn't scared to die and I know she just wants this to be over. I am so sad that this time has come but I know I am just being selfish by hoping that God keeps her around longer. She has had 94 wonderful years on this earth which most people don't get.
All of this has really put into perspective for me that you just never know what is going to happen and when this is going to end for us. I am now trying to preach to myself this "Why not?" idea. Why not go and do something I have always wanted and "Why not" love like there is no tomorrow! I am hoping to live my life this way! I really feel like we all take this life for granted and I am one of them. I don't tell people how much I love them and I don't live in the moment. It is human nature to always more and I want to be happy with what we have now.
I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband, loving family, and great friends and I hope you all know that I love you and I am so grateful to have you in my life.
I guess that's enough reflecting for today. I am planning to head to Charlotte when I get news that Celestine has passed. I want to be there. She has meant the world to me and will always be family. God took my dads mom away but he brought this amazing woman in our lives to bridge the emptiness. She will always be a grandmother to me! I love you Celestine!

No comments:

Post a Comment