Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cabin in the woods...

So unfortunately we are back from vacation...:( Saturday Brian headed home with his parents truck and trailer with the scanoes! We packed up the truck with TONS of stuff and headed for NC. I have really been looking forward to this trip just because we had NO agenda! It was a totally relaxation week with nothing we had to do.
We had such a good time and enjoyed every minute we were there. It was full of floating on the lake, fishing, good food, family, friends, drinking, laughs, games and much more. The house was amazing and the location could not have been more perfect. We went on the scanoes some to enjoy the sunsets and Dad even rented a boat one day so we could go tubing. We had such a blast! Here is a little montage of things that we did!
As you can see we had a great time. I am so looking forward to doing it again next year! 
Thanks again to Mom and Dad for EVERYTHING! 
We had such an amazing time and will cherish the memories made!
THANKS MOM AND DAD...WE LOVE YOU!

As I had talked about before I was going to see Celestine while I was home. On Saturday when we got in to town mom and I went over to see Celestine. I was able to spend a little over an hour with her. We laughed and a few tears were shed. She still had her amazing sense of humor and was telling stories like usual. I loved getting to see her this way since I was expecting the worst. I knew in my heart this was the last time I would see her. She gave me a hug and a kiss and we exchanged our I love yous. She seemed to be saying her goodbyes to me but not in a obvious way. I told her how much she meant to me and she did the same. We left with smiles. Unfortunately that was Celestine's last good day. I am honored to be able to have that time with her and I know God made sure I got that time with her. Celestine died Monday morning around 2am. All last week she was slipping in and out of consciousness. I really feel like God had this planned. I was coming home that weekend so I was able to tell her goodbye. It was also the week where our family would be away on vacation which kept us from seeing her at her worst. She has meant so much to my family and I really think this was the best for us all. Celestine wouldn't have wanted us to see her that way anyways. I had a hard day yesterday and was really upset that she was gone.I will miss her amazing story telling, her smile, her cooking, and her love. I lost both of my grandmothers too soon and I always told her that even though God needed them her gave her to me instead. But I know that she is up dancing in heaven with Paul and making everyone laugh. I am glad she is no longer suffering and I can only be selfish that I don't get to see her for a while.So I will end with this. Celestine made me a better person and taught me how to be an amazing wife. I know she is looking over me and I will forever have wonderful memories of her!

So that is a wrap up of the week. We are doing well and getting back into our routine. Love from MD!

No comments:

Post a Comment