Friday, July 26, 2013

REMEMBER




So I know I haven't done a very god job at keeping up on here but I feel like this is a post I need to right.
It isn't too exciting and it may not mean anything to anyone else but I feel like I need to write it down.
On July 13th my Papa passed away.
He was my last living grandparent. It was something we knew was coming as he was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis in November, it is a terminal disease. We got to see him on July 2nd knowing it would more than likely be the last time. He was good that day and I'm so glad.
As I was sitting there that day watching him hold Willa I was trying to take it all in and REMEMBER. One day I will have to explain to her how he looked at her. How is was talking to her. How he told her she was so beautiful. How he played with her tiny little feet in his wrinkled hands.
I want her know and I am so worried I won't REMEMBER the details.

She was named after him and they share the same birthday.
He's not the only one that I want her to feel like she knew but also my grandmother, Celestine, Paul, and other people who have blessed my life along the way.
I feel like I am taking in more now that I have Willa. I want to tell her about when she was young and all the amazing things she did and people that she made smile.
It is teaching me to REMEMBER and pay attention. It is something I didn't know I would gain from becoming her Mama but I am glad I did.
I have a hard time remembering things from the last 25 1/2 years that I wish I could recall.
I am going to change that and really take in the next 25 1/2 years and hopefully create a beautiful story for my daughter!
This is Willa and my grandmother. They have very similar eyes!!


1 comment: