Wednesday, January 2, 2013

26 Week Update



How far along: 26 Weeks (only 14 more to go until my due date!!! AHH!!)
Development: about a pound and 2/3 and 14 inches long! 
Movement: Tons and Tons! This baby is getting so strong and moving about 75% of the day. It really doesn't like anything pressing on it like the band of pants or Daisy lying on my belly!
Weight Gain: around 9 lbs from my starting weight. The midwife is really happy with where I am and even if I gain a pound a week I will only be around 25 lbs gained!
Maternity Clothes: All maternity other than a few shirts any my yoga/sweatpants. I did wear some of my old jeans last week with a hairtie holding the button together but the baby kept kicking right where the band was. Don't think I will be trying that one anytime soon!
Stretch Marks: None and I hope it stays that way! My sister got me this awesome cocoa butter stick from The Body Shop, which she used when she was pregnant and never got stretch marks. I put it on every night religiously! So hoping they stay away!
Best moment of my week: Hearing the heartbeat again last Friday at the Drs. office. It was soooo loud this time and really strong! I also love feeling the baby move more and more! 
Worst moment: None at all... 
Sleep: It is getting there. I am getting more used to getting up in the night to go to the bathroom and fall right back asleep. I find myself lying too much on my tummy sometimes and I will wake up hurting. It could be much worse! 
Miss Anything: I don't really miss anything other than getting up and down the stairs used to be easier and bending over to pick things up is getting harder.
Food Cravings: WATERMELON like crazy!!! I could eat it all day long! I have probably bought about 6 watermelons in the last 4 weeks! Its a good thing they ship them here from Mexico or I would be one really mad Mama!
Aversions: none really
Gender: Still don't know! Loving it too!
Symptoms: Charlie horses in my legs, heartburn, itchy tummy.
Labor signs: Not for a long time I hope...Have had a few Braxton Hicks here and there though.
Belly Button: In for now but getting really distorted. I have a feeling it is going to pop out by the end. Brian is really hoping it doesn't. He thinks that is weird!
Rings: On
Moody or Happy: Very happy...I just love this baby so much and Brian is really starting to get excited about it. He has been able to feel the baby move and I catch him watching my tummy sometimes.
Looking Forward: To starting the nursery! My parents are bringing the crib in 2 weeks so Brian and my dad will put it together. I still need to decide on the bedding but things are going to come together quickly I think.

Comparison Picture:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment