Tuesday, April 5, 2011

We had beautiful weather here yesterday then a nasty storm last night which has led into today being nasty and cold. Yesterday Brian and I took a nice walk after work. We are really enjoying our new neighbor hood that is so quiet. We walk through some new duplexes that are across from us and walk to the elementary school nearby. Daisy was very happy and with 84 degree weather I got to pull out my flip flops! I am such a warm weather girl! I can not wait for this weather to stay nice.
I made fish cakes for dinner last night (just like crab cakes just with trout). I have had a goal to take Sunday to get my thoughts together on a menu for the week and only buy what I need for those meals plus household items we are out of. I am on week 3 and I have spent in 3 weeks what I used to spend in 1!!! I am only spending about $60 a week. So I have decided I will start sharing my weekly menu and maybe it will help give someone a dinner idea.

Monday- Fish cakes on a bun, mac and cheese, corn
Tuesday- pork tenderloin, wild rice, broccoli
Wednesday-skillet ham, pasta salad
Thursday- Hamburgers, sweet potato fries
Friday-grilled chicken salad

Saturdays and Sundays I never plan because we are out and about so much and sometime grab things while we are out. Plus even though I plan the meals sometimes we have them on a different night! I try to have everything ready and meat thawed out incase we change our minds!

 Everything here is going well. We are both busy working and enjoying our times together. We are looking forward to warmer weather so we can get the boat out on the river. That is by far my favorite time of the year and Daisy even enjoys the boat now too!
We are looking forward to Easter down South! Can't wait for Mom's meals! I have a long way to go to being like her as a cook! Nothing I make compares! I will keep trying though!

Much love from MD...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment