Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Girls weekend!

So here we are...the Girls weekend is over. I guess it isn't very fair to call it that because Brian did spend some time with us but it was only in the evenings really.
We had a great time this weekend. Filled with laughter and jokes, a little shopping, cows, lots of yummy food, antiques, and doughnuts!

Saturday we started out the day at a little bakery in Boonsboro called Icing. I was so quaint and unique. We had a wonderful lunch topped off with cupcakes and macaroons and coffee. We then headed to our friend Tucker's farm. We all love going there and they are always so sweet to let us come and oogle at the amazing system they have going there. They have had tons of calves born recently and 2 had been born the morning we went. Tuckers girlfriend Mary Kate was so great with Emma and let her help bottle feed the new babies.



Emma loved getting to feed them and she named them all while she was at it! We spent a few hours there and then headed on home. We stopped by a farmers market on the way home and got veggies to go with our rockfish. Brian joined us for dinner and we grilled the rockfish and had a wonderful time just relaxing. Sunday was spent shopping at the outlets then going to the mall for lunch and we finished off the day with pork tenderloin a la Mom and veggies. Yesterday I was greeted at work by the best women in my life and we went to lunch at a cute place in downtown Frederick called Cafe Nola. It was okay but very busy and it took a long time to get our meals. It was a fun little adventure and once we all got home we had a london broil meal. It is always so good. It makes me feel like home. I made Dad's chocolate syrup to have on ice cream and Emma and I made homemade doughnuts last night so she could have them this morning before they went home.
I always hate the good byes but I always know it won't be long until we are together again soon. I am hoping to go home for Labor Day but there is alot to be done between now and then so I can't think about that yet.

It was such and amazing weekend and I will always cherish the memories that are made. Much love to my Mom, Katie, and Emma! I love you all very much and I am so blessed to have you in my life! You make this world a happier place!

Hope everyone is well and I will post again soon!
Love from MD!

No comments:

Post a Comment